Sunday, May 19, 2013
Meet the Crew: Leslie
Dani and Kacie are not the only ones crossing the country starting June 15th! They will be supported by 10 incredible people who have volunteered their time and energy to support the team! We would like our supporters to meet our crew. This will be a 10 part series of blog posts so that you can meet all of them before they leave!
1. Introduce yourself! Who are you?
Hi! My name is Leslie Shapiro, a few friends call me "Pinky" and I'm thrilled to be part of the insanity!
2. How did you get wrapped up in this RAAM adventure with Dani and Kacie?
Oddly enough, as a total stranger, Kacie offered to help crew for me at a 24-hour race years ago. We "met" on an women's cycling forum and have been following each other's adventure through the forum. Last year, when there was a last-minute cancellation, Kacie invited me to join her on an 8-person RAAM team. Even odder, I agreed. When they were short a person or two for their crew this year (and after meeting and riding with Dani) I knew I wanted to help them reach their dream.
3. Which part of RAAM are you most looking forward to?
Crabcake Eggs Benedict at Chick and Ruth's Delly in Annapolis.
4. Dani is a dog person, and Kacie is more of a lizard/snake/bird person. What kind of person are you?
Dog, cat and unicorn.
5. How are you going to make a unicorn appear in Kansas?
Kansas? Not gonna happen. Colorado... well... you'll see!
6. What is your favorite kind of ice cream? (Kacie believes this tells you a lot about a person)
Publix Chocolate Cookie Quarry Frozen Yogurt mixed with Coconut Road Fro-yo. Try it. You'll thank me.
(After RAAM--we are all over this!)
7. If you could fill a swimming pool with anything, what would you fill yours with?
Nutella. If it's a hot tub, then Sweet Tomatoes' Cream of Mushroom soup.
8. What kind of music are you going to be putting on your RAAM playlist. Yes, you will be creating a RAAM playslist, might as well start thinking about it now.
P!nk, Glee! and any other artist with a !!! in their name.
9. Dani and Kacie are really counting on some glitter. At what point in the race do you think glitter will really come into play?
Glitter must wait until West Virginia. West Virginia is in dire need of glitter. Trust me on this.
10. If you were abducted and taken to outer space, which planet would they take you to?
Andromeda. Or Alpha Centauri. I know, those are both stars, but I want to be in their orbits.
11. If you could have any one super power (other than sprinkling awesomeness on people because you do that already) what would it be?
12.What is the longest you have been without a shower? Without brushing your teeth?
Backpacking through the Grand Canyon. 5 days. I couldn't stand to be near myself. On the hike back out of the canyon, I knew we were almost there when people started to smell good.
We might get the chance to break more than one record on this race!
Thank you so much Leslie! We are going to have quite the adventures together!