Thursday, May 23, 2013

Meet the Crew: George

1. Introduce yourself! Who are you?

My name is George Washington Darden IV.  I'm a professor at Georgia Gwinnett College and a triathlete. 



2. How did you get wrapped up in this RAAM adventure with Dani and Kacie?

I'm married to Kacie.  She has supported all of my endeavors in life--Ironman, Ph.D., etc.--and I am happy to have the chance to support her in this.  


3. Which part of RAAM are you most looking forward to?

It would be easy to say "the finish," and I am indeed looking forward to that.  That being said, I don't think that I know what the most meaningful and memorable thing will be.  I look forward to the positive experiences that I haven't even imagined.   

4. Dani is a dog person, and Kacie is more of a lizard/snake/bird person. What kind of person are you?

I used to thing dogs were okay before I became a cyclist and they started trying to knock me off my bike.  I've always been simultaneously fascinated and terrified by snakes.  I've kinda gotten into turtles lately.  My long-time favorite animal is the regal frog.        


Like this guy?

5. How are you going to make a unicorn appear in Kansas?

Unicorns are actually so common in Kansas that we'll be hard-pressed NOT to see a few.  Of course, we'll be surfing so fast on those tailwinds that we'll probably whiz right by.      


Ugh, that is not how I remember it.

6. What is your favorite kind of ice cream? (Kacie believes this tells you a lot about a person)

Van-Choc-Straw.

That's Neapolitan for everyone else.

7. If you could fill a swimming pool with anything, what would you fill yours with?

Key Lime Milkshake from Robert Is Here.  



Oh man, that is a good choice. Those are the best milkshakes in the entire world.

8. What kind of music are you going to be putting on your RAAM playlist? Yes, you will be creating a RAAM playslist, might as well start thinking about it now.

It will be a mix of pop and inspirational music.  There will be plenty of "inspirational pop" like "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Dreams" mixed with your standard Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake fare.  Club music.  80s hits.  Nothing too deep, too emotional, or too thought-provoking.  My playlist will be distinguished by its lack of musical integrity.  


9. Dani and Kacie are really counting on some glitter. At what point in the race do you think glitter will really come into play?

At what point will glitter NOT come into play?

10.  If you were abducted and taken to outer space, which planet would they take you to?

Pluto.  Oh, wait, that's not a planet.  


11. If you could have any one super power (other than sprinkling awesomeness on people because you do that already) what would it be?

Flying.  I realize that it's trite, but that's it.  I also think it would be cool to breathe at all times--underwater, in space, etc.  I 
feel like there are certain things that a lot of people can actually do that feel "super" to me, and I would love to be able to do those, too: dance, swim, sing, play the piano, touch my toes, etc.   

12.What is the longest you have been without a shower? Without brushing your teeth?

I think thathe longest that I've been without a shower is three days, but I'm totally guessing.  I don't actually remember a time in my life when I went without a shower for three days, but I'm betting that there was an occasion.  Same with brushing my teeth; I would guess that the longest is like 72 hours, but I really don't know.  I've never had a cavity, by the way.  I try to take advantage of any opportunity to tell people that.   

Thank you so much for all of your dedication to our team George!

No comments:

Post a Comment