Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dani's Record Breaking Texas Time Trial!

On September 29, 2012, in some fairly horrifying weather and road conditions, Dani won the 12-hour race at the 2012 Texas Time Trials.

Dani out-rode her closest competitor, the top male finisher, by 26.5 miles. She rode 212 miles during the 12-hour race.



Dani beat the previous women's course record, set in 2009, by 26.5 miles.  She tied the current men’s course record.

After the race, Dani wrote:
"I out-suffered everyone for the overall win and set the women’s course record. 212 miles of the worst conditions I’ve ever ridden in. The good news is that I’ve killed off every last brain cell I have and I’m now ready to train for RAAM. Thanks for all the cheers!!"
To view the results of the race, click here

Congratulations, Dani!  We are excited to see what she can do next summer during RAAM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment