Friday, June 7, 2013
Meet the Crew: Chief Anne!
1. Introduce yourself! Who are you?
Je suis Anne, le Crew Chef.
Hi Anne! We love you!
2. How did you get wrapped up in this RAAM adventure with Dani and Kacie?
Weeeell, I began by crewing for Kacie at her Double Ironman last year and really enjoyed it. Who knew many of the people who were there would be going on this journey with us?! Dani, Kacie, Jason, Emily, Keith, George, Coach, Ben, Laura… fingers crossed that my old French friend Guy does show up and that Kirby doesn't. Anyway, after that I got roped into Kacie's 8 person RAAM team last year and had a ball. Ergo sum…in!
So, it's a little bit crazy how many people from the double iron are a part of this team!
3. Which part of RAAM are you most looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to the Start, getting our boots on the ground and going, and the Finish, when everyone is safe, sound of mind/body, and can understand the magnitude of the accomplishment. That being said, the insanity and fun will fill the middle and that's the part we'll talk about in years to come!
4. Dani is a dog person, and Kacie is more of a lizard/snake/bird person. What kind of person are you?
Hmmmm, I don't really enjoy domesticated animals that can't take care of themselves, unless they provide you with resources. I really want to raise a baby cow and become best friends with it.
Ok, the problem with baby cows Anne, is that they don't STAY baby cows, but we have talked about this, so I'll let it slide
5. How are you going to make a unicorn appear in Kansas?
The Minister of Fun never reveals her plans. Suffice it to say, it will be memorable.
The minister of fun is awesome. Hula skirts, tea parties, dinos, temporary tattoos, and lots of fun signs are always a MAJOR lift.
6. What is your favorite kind of ice cream? (Kacie believes this tells you a lot about a person)
Green mint-chocolate chip, preferably eaten right next to an Ocean.
I don't think that answer actually had anything to do with the ice cream.
7. If you could fill a swimming pool with anything, what would you fill yours with?
I would definitely try jello and see what happens...
8. What kind of music are you going to be putting on your RAAM playlist. Yes, you will be creating a RAAM playslist, might as well start thinking about it now.
Oooooh, all kinds. I'm working on that now. I think I'm going to mix up geographically themed hits and pump-up jams.
Anne loves a theme on her albums.
9. Dani and Kacie are really counting on some glitter. At what point in the race do you think glitter will really come into play?
I agree with Leslie, West Virginia could use as much glitter as it can get.
Ugh. You are probably right.
10. If you were abducted and taken to outer space, which planet would they take you to?
Asgard, to be with Thor.
Incredibly nerdy, and yet, and excellent answer.
11. If you could have any one super power (other than sprinkling awesomeness on people because you do that already) what would it be?
I would be able to read people's minds and become invisible - omnipotent and omnipresent - tough to beat.
12.What is the longest you have been without a shower? Without brushing your teeth?
Tough to say. At least 5 days with no shower, eezy peezy. Probably no more than 2 without teeth. My goal is to not shower 'til we cross the Mississippi river.
Anne, we are all incredibly grateful for you! We are excited to have you as Chief!